The Dragon Development Fund
The Development Fund for Youth Sailing has been established to assist young sailors to develop their sailing skills and to support them at a competitive level. The fund is established on the basis of fund raising events and donations and is managed to ensure fair distribution over the various categories of youth sailing within each financial year.
1. To support the development of youth sailing at Hebe Haven Yacht Club (HHYC) and to enable the expansion of the dinghy sailing racing program.
2. To assist the HHYC dinghy racing squad (Hebe Dragons) to attend recognized regattas and to assist with transport of dinghies to those regattas, team uniforms and other requirements identified by the team manager and the Sail Training Centre Committee.
3. To promote the Hebe Dragons Racing Squad and Hebe Dragons branding through competition at local, regional and international events.
4. To enable individuals to receive support to attend sailing events, which will further promote Hebe Haven Yacht Club.
Halloween Party Event
Our Halloween Party is held annually as part of Hebe Race Week in the Garden Bar as a fun event with games for children, Pizza and fun for the whole family. As our biggest Fundraiser for the Youth Development Fund, this is a big part in raising funds to support our Hebe Dragons racing team compete both locally and internationally.
Boogie By The Bay Event
BBTB is held annually (last event was 4 June 2016) in the Garden Bar at Hebe Haven Yacht Club. The aim of the event is family fun and fund raising. The early evening usually starts with games for the children followed by live bands and plenty of dancing. The ticket price includes one burger/hotdog and softdrink and drinks can be purchased using Cash or Membership cards. Members and Non-Members are all welcome to join the event. Date for 2017 yet to be decided.
How to Volunteer
This event can only work with help from all of our Hebe sailing families, so please have a look down this list and volunteer, either in the organising or on the day. If you can help with any of the below items please email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know as soon as possible.
- Collect or donate lucky draw prizes – ring around or visit local businesses and ask for donations for the raffle or donate a prize yourself
- Decoration of the Garden Bar during the day and clear up at the end
- Sell lucky draw tickets on the day
- Reception Desk
- Work on F&B tables
Thank you to eveyone for making the 2016 BBTB event a great sucess!
(You will need the latest version of Adobe Reader to fill, view or print these forms in PDF format.)